cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BoulderBill
Level 3
29 20 2 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Webcam driver for integrated camera on Pavilion dv6911om

HP Recommended

I have reinstalled my original Vista Home Premium 32bit using the recovery partition. All is well, except I can't make the webcam recognizable to the system. Therefore, I can't use my Skype video call function. When I had the factory installed OS, Skype video call worked perfectly.

I have been all over the Internet trying to find software - YouCam, Quickplay, SP37849, SP46565, SP38361 and SP 45866 - all to no avail. None of the software would install, except Quickplay (SP38361).

In the Device Manager, under Imaging Devices, there is no webcam driver listed, only my HP 6700 All-in-One printer/scanner. Is there a possibility that only one imaging device can be installed at one time? I sure hope that is not the case.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Futoji
Retired
Retired
3,791 3,687 234 480
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello BoulderBill.

I see that after installing Vista onto your Notebook, you cannot get the integrated camera to work. I will try to help you with this.

Looking into your Notebook the first thing I noticed, none of the listed files were for your notebook except the Quickplay. This could be why it was the only that worked.

Here are the links for both:

YouCam - Cyberlink YouCam Software
Quickplay - HP QuickPlay Web Update

Also, it could be a hardware failure, if you see nothing in device manager even after having it detect new hardware. This could indicate the device itself isn't functional. Scanning for new hardware should detect the camera and install generic drivers for it otherwise.

Troubleshooting Webcams (Windows Vista) - might be helpful.

Please let me know how it goes. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.
Tags (1)
BoulderBill
Author
Level 3
29 20 2 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Futoji,

First and foremost, my apologies for not responding yesterday or before. I expected an email to alert me to a response to my inquiry.

I have spent $9 on an external camera and mic, just to have some way of "Skyping". But, I still want to try and fix the integrated camera if possible.

Not being a big fan of QuickkPlay, I am wondering whether I can install YouCam, even though my factory install had QuickPlay? Something I read while researching led me to think that this substitution can't be made.

Your suggestions have yet to be tried, but I will today, and let you know of any success. I am leaning toward the conclusion you suggest, that the camera may have failed.

Thanks for your help; I'll give you an update.

Regards,

Bill T

0 Kudos
BoulderBill
Author
Level 3
29 20 2 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again Futoji,

After following your guidance, and seen at least two thoughts about possible failed hardware, I have concluded the same. Maybe someday when I have nothing to do, I will disassemble another HP Pavilion, this being a dv4-1145go.  and take it's camera and try it in my dv6911om. But for $9 delivered, for a camera/mic,  I can't see spending any more time on this problem.

Thanks to you, I am convinced I have the correct driver for this HP Webcam in SP35040.

Thanks for your interest and suggestions.

Regards,

Bill T

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation