cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bongskie
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Webcam not working on Pavilion x2 (Windows 10 upgraded)

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x2 10-n018TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, I recently upgraded my OS to Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion x2 10-n018TU, but now the webcam is not working. And I was not able to update the "Doritos 1.0 - Ambient Light Sensor Driver - Win10 x86". I tried several times but it still failed to install.  Please help... Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 16,751 961 2,185
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Bongskie,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion x2 - 10-n018tu Notebook and issues with the WebCam drivers. I would go into the Device Manager and remove this Doritos 1.0 driver and software. The Ambient Light Sensor driver is located here: sp72639.exe

Then try installing this sp72640.exe 

Here is a document that will help troubleshoot the WebCam on Windows 10 using Youcam Software.

Restart the Notebook and try the WebCam.

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
HPNewbe2
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To Mrstenter: I followed your advice to @Bongskie re the webcam on Pavillion x2 with Window 10, downloaed both packages and tried to installed them . While installing the package sp72640.exe i got the failure message from Intel Atom Prosessor Z3000 series: "The setup program ended prematurely because of the following error: This platform is not supported.

what do i do now? Would greatly appreciate your advice. I've just bought the Pavillion x2 and it's already not working 😞

Many thanks in advance.

M

Jul974
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You should take the drivers from HP and for Windows 10 32bits.

In my case I resolved the problem by updating the BIOS to the last one.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation