Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
35 26 0 0
Message 1 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Webcam turns off and on during Skype calls

During Skype calls, my webcam keeps turning off for a split second, the back on. When this happens, the picture starts off dark and gets back to normal brightness. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the camera in device manager, but it's made no difference, and there's no newer driver available.

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 2 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could you please give me the exact product number for your computer?

If you need help finding it, you can use the following link:

Thanks,
Kyle
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
35 26 0 0
Message 3 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The product number  is B9E60EA.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
35 26 0 0
Message 4 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I gave you my product number.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 5 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you checked to make sure that you have the most recent version of Skype installed as well?

I can think of two possibilities here.

The issue might be related to Skype more than the actual hardware or driver. You could test this by using the webcam in another program and seeing if you can reproduce the same results. If you are not able to, then it is definitely Skype that is causing the issue with your webcam.

If you experience the same issue in another program, then it more than likely has to do with the connection of the webcam inside the computer. I've seen where sometimes they can be disconnected. If that is the case, there is a video on youtube that shows you how to fix this. However the fix is not an official HP fix and could damage your notebook. So if you decide to go that route, try at your own risk. 

Let me know the results or if you need any help and I will be happy to assist you.

Best of luck,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
35 26 0 0
Message 6 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is the latest version of Skype. The problem doesn't occur in other webcam programs. I have tested it on Cyberlink Youcam with no issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 7 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Alright, just let me know if that helps or not! If it doesn't, I will see if there is anything else that we can try.

Have a great day,

Kyle

Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
35 26 0 0
Message 8 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'll look into the drivers, but last I checked it said they were up to date. Sorry.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 624
Message 9 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't think the issue has to do with the webcam driver. I was just curious if updating to the newest version of Skype (if you don't already have it) would help to resolve the issue. 

Signature
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
35 26 0 0
Message 10 of 21
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I already said that I have the latest version.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation