Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Stealthy3 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Weird Black Bars and lines on text/font

Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Black bars appear on text, resulting in me not able to see text. If I restart my laptop, it won't appear for a while but return at some point. I've scanned for virus' countless times, malware scans, etc. I do not have a system restore point to go back to. Wireless connection. Problems started occuring after Windows 10 anniversary 1607 update., but unsure whether its to do with the update. However I do think that the update has caused servere fps drops in games. For example, CS:GO used to run at 70-100fps, but now it runs at 30-40 fps. This has crippled my gaming experiance and I've also tried many things to resolve that issue, with no resultions.

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
16806 1039 2605
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Stealthy3

Thanks for participating in the forums! I would like to help but I will need some more information.

Let me know which model you have: How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Stealthy3 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

blured.png

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16806 1039 2605
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Steailty3, 

Most likely the graphics driver needs to be updated.

For further information check out this document: Troubleshooting a Notebook LCD Panel Issue.

You can click on the "Accept as Solution" if the issue is  
resolved and the "Thumbs Up" for my effort. Please keep me
posted. Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Stealthy3 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have already updated the graphics driver. I did another scan and no new updates were available. However, I did try the other following steps, but the did not resolve my issue.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16806 1039 2605
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Stalthy3, 

Let me know the full model number: How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Stealthy3 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab289sa

Product No. P5P69EA#ABU

Serial No. 5CD5430R9V     (Just in case)

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey, 

Thank you for responding to us! Gemini02 is away from the HP Support Forums at the moment, so I have been entrusted to help out! I read that your having an issue with black lines on text on your display. You had mentioned already trying to update the graphics drivers, and there are no more driver updates available to do at this point. 

Have you tried to do a system restore back to a time when you did not have an issue? 

Have you tried to boot into Safe mode to see if it happens to you there?

What happens when you connect the Notebook to an external monitor? 

Does it happen on the external monitor also? 

Please let me know :) 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Stealthy3 Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I do not have any system restore points to return to.

It did not appear on safe mode, however it needs sometime of use to appear, so i do not think the safe mode was accurate. When it does appear again, I will check with an external monitor.

At start-up or a restart, it doesn't appear for a while, however it does return after some use/while.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey, 

Thank you for keeping me updated! You have done great with the steps this far. 

If it take awhile to appear, I would suggest using Safe Mode for a longer period of time to see if it occurs. Same with the monitor testing. 

Please keep me updated :)

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation