Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Wet power adapter

HP Recommended
HP CHROMEBOOK
Chrome OS

Hello everybody!  I got my daughter this laptop two Christmases ago.  We have an older cat that enjoys being around her.   But the cat is at an age where she uses the restroom wherever she is.  So in short she was on the laptop and just drowned it.  This burns out the power adapter, and gets a couple other things wet.  Do you think I could just change the power adapter on the notebook and it might work, or would I need to change the motherboard as well?  I'm hoping it is just the power connector as that is cheap and easy to replace.  But I'm starting to think that the motherboard could be fried as well.  

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 2
10 9 1 2
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If the cat handle its business on the laptop i'm afraid it probably shorted out the motherboard.

The motherboard is right under the keyboard so it doesn't take much liquid.

Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
So it would be cheaper to buy a new laptop for 179.00
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
10 9 1 2
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would because if you took some where to have it fixed it would be close to that. Might as well have a new one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.   Her grandfather just got her one of those new touchscreen laptops, where it folds over.  But I will just trash this one and get a new one for cheaper than fixing it.  

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation