Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Xavier14 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What docking station should I get for a ZBook 15?

ZBook 15 (G2?)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm thinking about getting a docking station for my laptop, but I'm running into some confusions.

First off, I don't know if my laptop is a ZBook 15 or a ZBook 15 G2. I think it's a ZBook 15 because it says "HP ZBook 15" on the bottom without the "G2" suffix. Also, it was issued to me by my university in August 2014, a month before the ZBook 15 G2 was announced. So unless my university was able to get early access to the G2's, it must just be a ZBook 15.

Second, I don't know which docking stations are compatible with the ZBook 15. And I don't know what the merits of each of these docking station models are.

I use a second monitor a lot with my laptop, which connects by VGA. So that's one thing I'd want the docking station to be able to support. Other than that I'd just want a bunch of USB ports, an audio port, and other stuff that I think is standard for a docking station.

So, what advice can you give me?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Master's Graduate Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
537 27 205
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What docking station should I get for a ZBook 15?

Safe to say that is a ZBook Gen 1. :)

Here is the QuickSpecs for that model.
You will see there are a few docking station options.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee
NPI Manager - Z VR / Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation