cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Whats the maximum supported capacity of MSATA slot on HP ENVY 15j109tx ?

F6C57PA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP ENVY Touchsmart 15-j109tx.. and i want to upgrade my laptop with 500GB mSATA drive. preferably Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (mSATA). Will it work?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
81,424 81,317 10,149 21,809
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your machine currentl has 8GB, it may have 24GB of mSATA on the mSATA slot for IRST:     

Support for 24 GB mSATA SSD (not available on computer models equipped with 16834 MB or 12288 MB system memory or with a 256 GB or 512 GB SSD)

Does your machine run RST ? If no, you can use mSATA slot.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i currently dont have any drive in ssd slot. Slot was always empty.. and dont have IRST on my laptop.  

So will a 500 gb mSATA drive work with my laptop ?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation