cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DV7GuyA25 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When HP repairs a motherboard to a laptop, do they put a separate warranty on it from the laptop?

HP Pavilion Dv7000 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My laptop's motherboard recently stopped working, and it is no longer within the extended 3yr warranty I purchased for it 3 years ago. That warranty expired on October 17, 2015. But HP repaired my laptop's motherboard in July of 2015, and I want to know if there is a separate warranty they put on laptop motherboards when they repair them, beyond the 90-day warranty they provide for products they repair. Do motherboards get their own separate warranty? I'm asking this because I don't quite have the finances right now to buy another laptop. If someone could please answer this for me, I would be most appreciative. Thank you and have a nice day.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
41,307 39,766 6,202 10,767
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When HP repairs a motherboard to a laptop, do they put a separate warranty on it from the laptop?

Yes replacement parts are covered 90 days or the balance of the warranty on the whole unit, whichever is longer. So if the warranty on the unit is expired, and the motherboard was installed over 90 days ago it is out of warranty. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation