cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
_s1248
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When i move my mouse my laptop restarts on its own

Hp 14-r002ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
My laptop just updated, and when it turned on my background was black (but the icons are still there). When i try to move the mouse it turns off again. I tried shutting it down from the power button and turning it back on, the mouse would move for few seconds then my laptop would keep on restarting again. I tried as well removing the battery and putting it back but there was no difference. I don't know what to do. Also few days ago a bunch of chinese apps were added to my laptop, but i made sure that i uninstalled every app using revo uninstaller and deleted all the remaining files. I installed an antivirus as well. My laptop was working perfectly fine before updating, but after updating it won't. HELP ME PLEASE.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
2,840 2,755 184 359
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @_s1248

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and see that you are having issues with your Notebook restarting on its own when you move the mouse. You had also mentioned that a bunch of apps were added to your Notebook and that you uninstalled them. 

Have you tried to clean out any vents with compressed air that may be on the Notebook?

Have you tried going into Safe Mode to see if the problems persist in there?

Have you tried Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset?

Have you done hardware testing?

Have you updated all of your drivers? 

If not, please try these steps first to see if they resolve the issue. If not, please use the System Restore feature and pick a date that was before the issues started. 

To use System Restore in Windows 10:

• Go to the Search
  • Type Control Panel
  • Click Control Panel
  • Click System
  • Click System Protection
  • Click System Protection Tab
  • Click System Restore
  • Click Next
  • Choose "Choose a different Restore point"
  • Click Next
  • A box that says "Restore your computer to the state it was in before the selected event" will pop up
  • Choose the event
  • Click Next
  • Click Finish
  • Click Yes to Confirm

When the System Restore is finished, you will get a pop up that says it has been completed. Then please try the following for the touchpad:

• Type in Search, "Device Manager", 
  • Click On Device Manager,
  • Expand Mice and other pointing devices,  
  • Right Click on the TouchPad, 
  • Click on Uninstall,
  • Restart the Notebook twice, 
  • Reinstall the TouchPad Adapter.

The best document I have for TouchPad issues is the Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad document. 

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers that need updating.

If you feel this post has helped you, could help others joining in and looking for a solution or you just want to say cheers, please click the Accept as Solution button and/or the Thumbs Up

If you require further assistance, please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and I would be more than happy to do my best to provide another solution. 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
_s1248
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried doing everything written up there, but i just cant complete anything because my laptop keeps on restarting on its own. I tried doing the forced reset as well but it didn't work for me.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@_s1248,

Thank you for your reply.  I would try turning off the fast startup option to see if that would help.  How to Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10. (from tenforums.com)  Were you able to boot into safe mode to troubleshoot? HP PCs - Windows Safe Mode (Windows 10, 😎 Have you tried testing for hardware failures? HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎. When connected to power, is it directly to an outlet and not into a power / surge bar?  Please keep me updated on your progress. 

To say thanks for helping, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon " below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation