cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bigmutt
Level 2
40 31 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Where do I find User guide for HP HDX18-NK148AV

Where do I find User guide for HP HDX18-NK148AV?

I just want to know what the different ports are called and what they are for.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @bigmutt 

Thank you for your query, I am happy to assist you!

I understand you would like to know what the different ports are. Here is  link to the HP HDX 18 Entertainment PC Maintenance and Service Guide. Please note Chapter 2 page 7 for a description of the external ports.

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

bigmutt
Level 2
40 31 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Exactly what I needed !  impossible to find on HP site.

THANKS so much, Sparkles1 !

0 Kudos
bigmutt
Level 2
40 31 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thankyou for the link to the User Guide & Service Manual.   It's what I needed.

But now I have another .... question about the eSATA/USB port on the left side of the laptop: yes, it accepts a USB connector but what sort of eSATA connector do I need here?

I've checked all through Amazon;  many cables but I can't tell which one will fit into that port.  Is it a :Type I ?  a Type L?  a Type Male?  a Type Round?  a Type Serial?     These are all the "types" shown on Amazon,  and maybe others too.

Please help me sort through this;  I have an external hard drive that's USB 3.0 speed ... and I want to connect it to this port with an eSATA cable to get the 3.0 speeds.    It came with a cable that just has a USB connector on the end of it but I imagine that's for using with a USB 3.0 port  (which this port is not).

thanks.

Rick

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @bigmutt 

Thank you for your reply.

To use the eSATA cable you would need an eSATA external drive and it is the male connection type. As it is a dual type port you should be able to  connect your USB 3.0 drive but I am unsure if that will provide a higher transfer rate or not.    Please let me know if you do get the higher rate for my own information.

Thanks in advance for any information you provide.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation