cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Where to get recovery media

HP Recommended
HP 635
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I need some recovery media for a 635, can't figure out where to get it from. No links on the drivers and download page. The computer now has Debian on it which works ok, except installing proprietary drivers is a bit more work than in Ubuntu. Anyway it's for my brother and I think he prefers Windows. I also want to know how much the hard drive hardware kit costs because the screws for the hard drive is missing. Maybe I can get screws like that elsewhere? Says in the repair manual they're called Philips M2.5x6.0.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 7
975 963 31 106
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

The screws are Metric, 2.5 mm dia and 6mm long with a Philips head.  2.5mm is about a tenth of an inch & 6mm is about a quarter of an inch, 25.4  mm to the inch.  So any decent hardware shop might have them, in the UK they are used for electrical plate switch covers.  Farnell or Newark etc etc.

DURATOOL
M2.56 PRA2MCS100-

Pack of 100

1+ $2.80 per pack.

Pozidriv is not Philips even if they look the same, they aint.

http://www.newark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?catalogId=15003&langId=-1&storeId=10194&categ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
121,796 111,976 17,955 27,394
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you live in the USA/Canada, call this number to order a set of recovery disks.

1-800-334-5144 

Have the serial number fo the PC handy to give to the customer services rep.

A set costs around $10 delivered via 1st class mail.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation