Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Which version of window is best for elitebook 8440p 

Enterprices 64 bit

Profesional 64bit

or

Ultimate 64 bit?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Makes no difference what will work better on xxxx laptop, you need to ask yourself what you are wanting to do with the system then that will point you in the direction of what version of Windows you want to use. If you want specific advice you'll need to state what you are going to be doing with your laptop.

HP Recommended

As stated in the other post, what is the expected use?  If the use is for general use, then any of the ones mentioned will do.  The Enterprise version is for business licence and use but is very similar to the Pro version.  Also since that unit came with windows 7, is that also what you want?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
Am a graphic designer so which version of windows 7 should I use
HP Recommended

The version most users will prone to use are Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Pro, and Windows 7 Ultimate.  As far as normal use, all three will perform about the same.  As long as the application being used will work with Windows 7, there would not be much difference between them.  Windows 7 Pro and Windows 7 Ultimate are for the most part very similar, but here is a post describing the most noticeable differences.

http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/difference-between-windows-7-home-professional-and-ultimate/

I would expect the normal Windows 7 Home Premium would be fine.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
Thank you sir
HP Recommended
Though I used windows 7 professional
Now if I try running my Photoshop program
There is a message that (my graphics card does not meet some requirements) how can I fix this
HP Recommended

It depends on which version of Photoshop is being used, but here is a guide from Adobe on the issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html#Troubleshoot

I'm not an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.