Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bosgorilla Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Which charger to use on my HP Laptop

HP Pavilion g7-2361eb Azerty
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion g7-2361eb Azerty, and I also used to have another HP Laptop that I got from work.

I no longer have the one from work, but I still had the charger for it.

Now my cleaning lady decided to put all the chargers and everything she  could find together, and I no longer know which charger I should use on the Pavilion g7.

These are the 2 chargers.

And I also found this info on my laptop:

IMG_20161013_205439.jpg

hp2.jpghp1.jpg

I was told that I couldn't just use whichever chargers, because one is 19.5V and the other 19V, and the A-values are also different...

But then when I look at that picture on the laptop, it seems to say it has a range?

Thanks a lot for any support, because I cannot use my laptop, and I am too afraid to damage it if I pick the wrong charger.

Dieter

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Provost Provost
Provost
44398 44134 3308 13849
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Either charger should work fine. One may be 65 watt and the other 90 watt. Most HP laptops can use either. Charger for my HP says 19.5~~4.62a.

Just an FYI. Your model is on the list of possible battery recall. You might want to check it:

https://h30686.www3.hp.com/?lang=en-US

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

bosgorilla Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for that information.

I used one of the chargers to boot the PC, and thought I would just do a restore and remove all data to start out fresh... 

Around 47% of process, it stopped. And since then, if I try to boot it, it just shows the HP logo, goes black, HP logo, goes black and turns off...

I tried running a system test, and there as well it just turned off after some time... a couple of tests that did finished had passed...

Any idea what I can do here, please?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44398 44134 3308 13849
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What problems were you having with it that caused you to decide on a System Restore?

bosgorilla Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am going to let my mother-in-law use it, so I wanted to give her a clean laptop, without my files and games on it.

seems to have been a bad decision...

0 Kudos
bosgorilla Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried a couple more times to do system diagnostics, but it just stops after quite some time (can be an hour) after which the computer just turns off...

Is there anything I can do?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44398 44134 3308 13849
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you get to run the hard drive test? Results?

bosgorilla Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As running the complete tests always got stuck, I decided to give the components separately a try.

When trying the memory/processor one, I let it run for like 4-6 hours, and it was still only at 1%...

So it must have gotten stuck also there.

The moments before I did this **bleep** system restore this laptop was working perfectly... and now it's a big mess.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation