cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
smeadows00 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why does my Pavilion dv6000 beep 3 times at start-up and then do nothing?

I have a Pavilion dv6000 and when I push the POWER BUTTON to start the Unit, I receive one-(1) fairly long "Single" beep and then two-(2) fairly "Short" beeps after which, my PC does absolutely nothing!  The Unit appears to be "Powered On" but, there is NO movement of the HDD or anything.  I see "Nothing" on the screen at any time during this scenario either.

Also, during this initial "nothingness" every LED appears to be lit across the top of the Keyboard as well...

This Unit will not go any further than what I have mentioned above so, any chance of starting the Unit via DVD/CD...or in SAFE MODE, etc...are "Non-Existent!"  

I am in need of some serious "HELP!"  What does all this mean???  I need some direction in which way to proceed from here...

Thank you for your time & effort on this issue...

Be "Blessed!"

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost
Provost
11,604 10,842 773 4,448
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

1x long, 2x short Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information. GPU is defected.

This is a very well know problem with this models.

Usually reflowing GPU (graphic chip) solves this kind of problem.

You may find many informations about it here.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
Kmartin2424 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem with my Pavilion so i removed all 4 grafics cards and put them back in and turned it on and it seemed to work just fine after that.

0 Kudos
shadowfax7 Top Student
Top Student
6 6 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Use the blanket method described here:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/HP-Pavilion-dv6000-Blank-screen/m-p/424669/h...

I had the same issue and it works. My Hp dv6000 is working fine now.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation