cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
vanacoro Tutor
Tutor
12 5 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WiFi Connections: HP laptop unable to find 5Ghz wireless signal?

I have the same problem I have read about on this site.  I just got my new PC on Monday and the one thing I can't get to work is the 5G network.  My prior HP laptop got it just fine (and still does).

Laptop Serial Number: [Edited for Personal Information]

The manifest lists my card as: 1 EA F7U59AV  801.22b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth (R) [1x1].

We have three other laptops, tablets and phones in the house and all of them, except the new one, gets the 5G network.

HELP!

Thanks.

TK Vanacoro

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Provost Provost
Provost
75543 75428 9234 19915
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The card 801.22b/g/n WLAN only supports 2.4GHz therefore it can't see 5GHz signal. That is very normal. You can setup your router to broadcast BOTH and problem solved.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
vanacoro Tutor
Tutor
12 5 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

But that is NOT what I ordered!
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
75543 75428 9234 19915
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@vanacoro wrote:
But that is NOT what I ordered!

Hi,

What is the model of your machine ? If NOT your order, please contact the shop and ask for a replacement. Please note: you can ONLY order from a list of available options for CTO machines.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
vanacoro Tutor
Tutor
12 5 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion 15t-100CTO touchSmart Notebook.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
75543 75428 9234 19915
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't find it, it's your order. Do you still keep the list of what did you order and check with the delivery goods.

Regards.

BH
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation