cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
daan1508
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

WiFi-card Whitelist

HP Recommended
HP ZBook G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

Can you guys tell me whether there is a WiFi-card whitelist in the ZBook G2's BIOS?

Daan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
136,422 91,084 20,986 28,075
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

That info isn't available to the public.

I have a HP 350 G1 business notebook and I was able to change the wlan card out for one not listed in the service manual and it worked just fine.  Replaced a dual band broadcom model for an Intel 7260 so I could use Intel WiDi.

I would have to conjecture that HP has removed the BIOS whitelists from all notebooks made within the last 18 months or so, because dozens of forum members have swapped out wireless cards in various notebook models made within that timeframe with no problems.

The only time someone will have an issue is if they try to put an Intel wireless card in a notebook with an AMD processor and chipset.

The BIOS won't reject the card, but it won't work for some reason.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
6 REPLIES 6
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

That info isn't available to the public.

I have a HP 350 G1 business notebook and I was able to change the wlan card out for one not listed in the service manual and it worked just fine.  Replaced a dual band broadcom model for an Intel 7260 so I could use Intel WiDi.

I would have to conjecture that HP has removed the BIOS whitelists from all notebooks made within the last 18 months or so, because dozens of forum members have swapped out wireless cards in various notebook models made within that timeframe with no problems.

The only time someone will have an issue is if they try to put an Intel wireless card in a notebook with an AMD processor and chipset.

The BIOS won't reject the card, but it won't work for some reason.

View solution in original post

daan1508
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Allright... Sounds fair to say the least. I've installed Mac OS X using Hackintosh, but that doesn't support the standard Intel 7260AC + BT... So I need a Broadcom BCM94352Z. Or have I looked wrong and does this PC have a PCIe mini port?

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, that I do not know.

Here is a link to the quickspecs for your notebook.  This would be the most comprehensive document listing what features it has.

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04407527.pdf

I would think you'd have no problem installing the BCM AC wlan card.

daan1508
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks a bunch mate for the info mate!

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Please post back and let us know how your wireless card swap went.

daan1508
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wil!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation