cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Metasharma
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Wifi AC card for HP ENVY dv6t-7200 CTO Quad Edition Notebook PC

HP Recommended

Hi, I have HP ENVY dv6t-7200 CTO Quad Edition Notebook PC that came with Intel Centrino 2230 card. I have a AC router where I have much more stable wifi connection in 5GHZ spectrum. My 2.4 connection drops all the time, tried updating driver, adapter settings etc. no luck. I wanted to check if I can buy the new Intel AC wifi card. Where can I check what's available for my Laptop. Thanks

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Sparkles1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,914
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Metasharma,

Welcome to the HP forum.

I understand you would like to upgrade your wireless card. Here is the HP ENVY dv6 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide which provides the recommended replacements. Please note page 31, item #21 for a list.  I hope this helped.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Kurtis2015
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The list provided does not list any cards that support the new AC wireless technology. Does this mean if we have this laptop we can never upgrade to AC?

0 Kudos
Sparkles1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,914
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Kurtis2015 ,

Thank you for your reply.

This simply means that HP has not tested one with your notebook.  The outcome is unknown and HP would not provide a driver or support for it, due to this fact.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
xterso
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In fact, it should not be the HP's concern whether an ac card is tested or not. This can be only my concern. I should be able to get any card and test it. Fine if it works, not a big trouble if it doesn't. I don't think that a wireless card would crash down or blow up a computer. So, what is HP's concern, what is this bloody limitation for? What about usb wireless ac cards? Why doesn't HP limit usb cards as well? Funny...

This is absolutely a sales policy to force people to buy a new machine. And that is why I don't buy HP, I don't recommend anybody to buy HP as an IT professional.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation