Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
visrvis Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi Adapter (Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter) not working

15-AC 032 tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought the laptop with Win 8.1 installed. I was able to use Connectify software to tether internet connection from the ethernet to my phone through WiFi. After upgrading to Windows 10, trying to start a hotspot with the Connectify software throws the error "Your Wi-Fi adapter does not support AP mode. Please try updating the drivers for your Wi-Fi adapter". Trying to start a hotspot through command prompt using 'netsh wlan.....' throws the error "The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation"

In the device manager,

Driver Name :  Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 Adapter

Driver Version : 7.35.344.0

Driver Date :  1/26/2016

Seems updated. But, I am still not able to start a hotspot to tether the connection. 

Can anyone help me solve the problem?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation