Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Proper48 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi Connection dropping out

HP Pavilion 15-ab155sa 15.6"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Wifi used through Sky router i have no issues with anything else in the house- ive tried the troubleshooting help guide but still this problem persists.

It even does it on grandparents infinity fibre when it loses connection.

Ive had thsi laptop 10 days and done the updates will it be the Mcafee thats too sensitive?

4 REPLIES
PhD Student
PhD Student
975 31 105
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You are a little light on details.

Sky router problems or HP Lappy problems or Both or Not sure?

If the router works with TV etc then it is likely to be your connection from your HP.

Especially if you have the same difficulty at another location with a BT router.

Having had the device for less than 2 weeks you could log a call with HP.  So...

You have done most of them, have you registered your product?

You don't actually specify a problem, EG: disconnects after 10 minutes, or bursts in to tears or flames.

I guess "on grandparents infinity fibre when it loses connection" you mean your laptop loses connection not the BT kit.

If so how often and what re-sumes (I put a hyphen in because it means CV in the US) the connection?

0 Kudos
Proper48 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry if its vague but what i meant was the internet connection just drops out when using the pc its not my pc its my eldest son s - basically youre on a website and it goes off with the message no connection ive changed the channel number on the router and tried all the other solutions.

i will register the product and log a call with HP thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
975 31 105
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

While I doubt it is firewall, unless there is content that is deemed dodgy, or just unsigned pages, because a firewall etc will not drop the connection completely, just offer to avoid the site.

There are drivers there from April 06 and April 09.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-ab100-notebook-pc-series/8499302/mode...

Just maybe useful.

Thank you for the heads up, I just noticed I have a 100 so I expect to do some updates myself.

NB:  CREATE RECOVERY IMMEDIATELY IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO; a 16GB USB stick, 4 DVD's (2 x 9GB DVD).

0 Kudos
Proper48 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation