cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
praesignis Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi button orange, no WLAN found in Device Managr

HP Envy 17 Notebook F0D51AD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Today, all of a sudden, my wifi stopped. Computer stopped detecting any networks. After spending hours this afternoon looking for drivers, reading others' solutions, rebooting, uninstalling/reinstalling, turns out that my wireless card isn't even showing up in the list of network adapters, just the Realtek. What the heck??? Is my wireless card dead??? I hope this machine is still under warranty...Please help!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
18,630 17,373 953 2,196
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi button orange, no WLAN found in Device Managr

Hi @praesignis,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Envy 17 Notebook and issues with the Wifi button staying orange and not connecting. Have you tried in the Device Manager to update the driver that is currently installed?

In the Device Manager try selecting find new hardware. If still nothing. I recommend to restore the BIOS defaults.You could restore the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. This will enable any hardware that is connected.

You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 10.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation