cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
theykilledkenny Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi connection constantly being interrupted

»HP Pavilion dv6-6b00ax Entertainment Notebook PC

The problem suddenly occured a few nights ago. My wifi connection would be interrupted and my ability to access webpages
completly hampered. The network icon in the lower right tray on the taskbar displays a yellow caution icon from time to
time aswell. Sometimes my connection does not work and yet there is no caution icon what-so-ever. Wifi works perfectly on a variety of other devices on my network, so its obvious that the problem is with my HP laptop. I found that if I went into
my router settings and changed the broadcasting channel the problem would be solved...temporilarily. I deleted my wifi
adapter driver, and reinstalled with no success. Ive also flushed my dns. At witts end I finally opted for a reformat, but
alas the problem persists!! I also noticed a Ethernet Controller driver issue in device manager, this was not present prior to the reformat. When I go to HP's support site, and scan my laptop, no driver downloads are suggested. I doubt that just
solving the new missing driver issue will resolve anything, but it would be a step in the right direction. What the hell
could be causing this? InSSIDer says my signal is of good quality, so interference is not an hinderence.

The laptop was purchased in Australia while I was on vacation. Other information is displayed on the photo.

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
theykilledkenny Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miroslaw Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same, exact problem with my HP Envy m7-j020dx. Enyone can help?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation