Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Stream Notebook 11.6
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
My wifi is disabled & it will not let me enable it. I can't get into device manager or update & security.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That description is of an operating system with issues.

Use the recovery media you should have created by now to reinstall the operating system

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

That description is of an operating system with issues.

Use the recovery media you should have created by now to reinstall the operating system

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
How do I create that?
HP Recommended

Connect your Stream to a power adapter.

While logged into Windows, click on the search icon and type in HP Recovery.

You should see the phrase HP Recovery Media Creator and an icon pop up. Click on it and follow the prompts. 

The program will tell you just how much capacity in GB the usb media you will need has to be.

HP Recommended
Hi good day, i have an issue with my HP pavilion dv4's wifi touch not working/ wifi disabled suddenly.
Below are the list that ive tried so far.

1. Window symbol botton + x botton, wifi cant be enable.
2. Restart and press f11, still not working
3. Bios default setting. Still not working.
4. On this attemp,my wifi switched on for 2 seconds and turned to red again.
What i did is ive open wifi slot near the HDD and disconnect the wiring and connect it again.
5. System recovery
6. Tried to factory reset but i forgot my dvd cd's in our home and i cant reset it like i used to do.
Is there anyone can help me? Laptop is working good except for the wifi connection.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.