Note on archived topics.
05-19-2015 02:03 PM - last edited on 05-19-2015 03:35 PM by kevin-t
I'm missing wifi driver.
HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
[Personal Information Removed]
Please, help me.
05-20-2015 01:12 AM
As for the part number provided this is a Ralink wifi card.
Please try installing following drivers :
If the abovr provided does not work, please get back with product number of the unit for locationg the specific drivers for this unit.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves/answers your problem****
05-20-2015 08:19 PM
Please refer the below link to install the wireless driver..
The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
This program is for making it easier for other people to find solutions, by giving an answer. Please click on “Accept as Solution” if it solves the system problem.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
05-20-2015 08:50 PM - edited 05-20-2015 08:54 PM
- If you are using an external USB wireless network adapter, unplug it, restart your computer, and then plug it into a different USB port.
- Click Start (), type recovery manager, and then select Recovery Manager from the search results.Figure : Recovery Manager search results
- If a User Account Control message opens, click Yes.
NOTE:If you cannot find HP Recovery Manager on your computer, use Device Manager to reinstall the device driver.
- When the Recovery Manager screen opens, click Hardware Driver Reinstallation.Figure : Hardware Driver Reinstallation
- Click Next.Figure : Hardware Driver Reinstallation welcome
- Scroll down through the list of drivers, select the name of your computer's wireless adapter, and then click Next.Figure : Example of a Wireless adapter (LAN) driver listing (yours might be different)
- Wait until the driver installs and restart your computer if prompted to do so.
- Try connecting to the Internet again. If problems persist, continue to the next step.
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.