Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KA76 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi keeps dropping when running laptop off the battery

HP Pavilion 15-ab150sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I've had this laptop for several weeks and each time I unplug the power cable to use it running off the battery, the wifi connection drops. The timing of when it drops is variable, but this happens consistently.

I know from my other devices there is no issue with my Wifi service itself - my other devices remain connected at all times.

The laptop will show as either no internet connections available at all (again, not true as my other devices confirm there are), or, my own Wifi is showing on the laptop, but as unavailable.

This never happens when the laptop power cable is plugged in. I only ever unplug when there's sufficient power - usually from 100% battery.

Please can someone advise?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
21452 21271 1811 6807
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi keeps dropping when running laptop off the battery

@KA76

You might be able adjust the wifi power.

Settings to Improve Wireless Connectivity

See Section(s):

Bullet_Arrow_1.JPGNotebook wireless balks or won’t run when running on battery

• Wifi Power Management  (Beware of leaving the wifi on when the notebook is packed or enclosed in a case - results could include damage to the notebook, fire, or other nasty surprises.)

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation