Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 11 of 72
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a dv8-1000eb laptop and Windows 7 - 64 bit.

After a few months I experienced exactly the same problems. It start with a fast moving treble indicator and a few seconds later my wifi is switched off. In the system tray a message appear telling me that the WLAN is off, and a other message tells me that some Bleutooth devices cannot be found.

I uninstalled the HP-tone control, but the wifi keeps switshing off. This time without the treble bar.

I reinstalled Windows and at first it looked like the problem was over.

But during the installation of my virusscanner the problem was back. So I suspected the virusscanner, which is Comodo Internet Security 4.

I replaced Comodo with Nod 32 Smart Security, and I am working without problems for at least one day.

I will post here the results after a couple of days.

Willy (Belgium)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
27 26 0 0
Message 12 of 72
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm using Norton AV 2010 so I will wait for you post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 13 of 72
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have two DV8t computers. They are nearly identically configured and have identical drivers. One has this exact problem (treble/bass pop up and slide up and down) and the wifi just turns off all by iteself.  I have downloaded all latest drivers and software from HP, even grabbed drivers from DriverMAX, loaded old drivers, updated BIOS ...always the same problem. Rebooting seems to get rid of the Treble/Bass issue. I cant seem to find a  trigger for either issue. And making it all the more crazy is the fact that my other DV8T has neither of these problems. I bought them severl months apart so maybe it is a hardware issue. That said, it is my newer unit that is having the problems.

VERY FRUSTRATING AND VERY TIME CONSUMING.

HP... get your act together!

Kirk

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 14 of 72
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ended up sending my laptop into HP after calling them and having them do all kinds of resets and such.

It worked when I got it back... for a few months.

Now, its doing it again. But not as much this time. But its happening more and more.

It's extremely frustrating. I will not be buying from HP again because of this. This is absolutely RIDICULOUS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
27 26 0 0
Message 15 of 72
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was soooo close to buying a Toshiba but it was on backorder till January of this year. I am really feeling like I made the wrong decision here. I may reimage mine just to say I did when i call HP Support.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
27 26 0 0
Message 16 of 72
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just reimaged mine back to factory and so far it hasn't dropped once in several hours and normally it would have. I wonder if HP has a bad update they're pushing down to us. I'm not going to download any updates from anyone for several days and see what happens

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 17 of 72
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello guys,

Still working to solve this annoying issue!

Question to all of you.

I have days of no problem at all, and other days that I cannot work for one minute without a treble/bass indicator on my screen.

Have you got the same experience?

I'am pretty shure that it is a software problem, not hardware.

A few days agoo I used a registry cleaner, and so far so good!

To be continued

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
7 7 1 2
Message 18 of 72
Flag Post
HP Recommended

FOUND FIX!!! For “Problem with Pavilion dv8 top slider bar (treble/ba​ss control)”

Very kind & helpful HP Case Manager Ryan at 877-917-4380-ex93 said according to his research, this “fix” is a 2 step process, I just performed step 1 and seem to have solved the problem – hope it works for others!

This is an update for the: “IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Driver - This is a self-extracting compressed file that contains the Windows 7 driver for IDT HD audio chip.”

“Fix/Enhancement:

Provides a new driver release to meet Microsoft Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) criteria.”

Go to http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Choose “united States (English)”

Select “Download drivers and software (and firmware)” and enter “nq226av” (if that is your product number)

Choose operating system (32 or 64 bit)

Click plus sign/drop-down left of “Driver - Audio (1)” (second from top)

Click download, save to desktop, run, and restart.

Seems to have worked for me so far! If it doesn’t, the next step will be…

Step 2 being to update the Bios on comp. which Mr. Ryan said I would need to go back to normal tech support (India) because he didn’t know how, and apparently you can mess up you PC by doing that….
Let me know if it worked for you!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 19 of 72
Flag Post
HP Recommended
THANKS !!!! I have installed the audiodriver an will wait if it works. I hope it will solve the problem because it was making me crasy!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 5 0 0
Message 20 of 72
Flag Post
HP Recommended

IT WORKS!!!!!

Have been working for 4 days without any wifi interuption.

Thanks to Problemsolver1

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation