Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PAW2806 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wifi will not connect from my Spectre

Spectre x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Before throwing this horrible device into the street, I thought I would try this forum.

Initially my wifi worked OK, but the signal was weak. This week, it connects but says "no internet, secured"

I have tried all the usual, reboot pc and wifi box, spent hour switrh BT broadband help desk, switched wifi boxs, tried hotspots off my phone.

I have also used three other PCs in exactly the same posution without problems. I am having to borrow ths pone to get on line

It is without doubt the Spectre.

Any ideas. I am not a teccie, so in plain speak if possible please

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 952 2192
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @PAW2806,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP Spectre x2 Notebook and issues with the Wireless. Here a guide to fixing the Wireless, if you need it. 

I would start with resetting the router first, as there could be a conflict with an IP address on the Notebook or Network.

Please let me know how it goes.

If this post helps you to resolve the issue you can click the Thumbs up icon to show gratitude!

Thnaks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
PAW2806 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for coming back.

I had already re-set teh router.

I then spent 3 hours on the phone to HP help desk  (on and off).

It seems it was soem kind of Windows 10 vs Spectre incompatability. As a layman, I cant pretend to understand what,

Anyway, Alex on your phone line was helpful and patient and subject to getting a few days stability, I think Im fixed.

If anyone else has the same issue, I suggest you call 0345 604 2921 (UK number), as my solution involved downloading and replacing files and doing a fully reset. I used another PC to download.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation