Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mark97_soni Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will HP Envy x360 HDD replacement with SSD void the warrranty?

HP Envy x360 1AF19AV_1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I just recently bought this laptop. The only issue I have with it is the slow HDD. If I replace the 1TB HDD with SSD, will it void my warranty? I know that I have to lift the keyboard side up to be able to do so, but I just want to make sure that I do not void the warranty. Feedback will be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Provost Provost
Provost
37390 5652 9758
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will HP Envy x360 HDD replacement with SSD void the warrranty?

One of the great issues of the Forum. Officially you are not allowed to open it up like that. Unofficially, as long as no damage is done HP likely will not take away your warranty, but you do leave yourself open to that. Personally, I configure my laptop the way I want it and worry about the warranty later, but I am a bit reckless and I can likely fix anything that goes wrong myself anyway. But I do still have to pay for parts so if a motherboard would die it would be a pretty big loss. 

In other words, it is your call. 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation