cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Will a G70-120EM motherboard fit a G70-111EM?

HP Recommended

Hi, so my motherboard broke due to me spilling coke on it, and unfortunatly i didn't have any care/protection on it at the time. I have found another motherboard on ebay, and im wondering if it will fit mine as the heatsink looks slightly different.

My laptop motherboard is a HP G70-111EM

The motherboard im interested in is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HP-G70-motherboard-2-GHz-Intel-Core-2-Duo-processor-/270587170495?cmd=ViewItem...

and according to the ebay post it is a HP G70-120EM

Will it fit mine?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 9
2,817 2,815 115 662
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your model (G70-111EM) use Intel GMA, while G70-120EM use Nvidia 9200M GE, however, since the seller also provide the fan/heat sink, my best guess it will fit in very well.

HP G70 Notebook PC Compaq Presario CQ70 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide

Most of bottom cases for HP with the same model are almost identical, download maintenance and service guide above so that you have a clear picture of what you are going to do.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thankyou for your reply and help, could you help me again/or anybody?

I found another motherboard that said faulty, when i asked what was wrong with it he replied

"i really dont know, but it doesnt seem to load windows,and the hard drives were fine,, but a man who come to collect is item told me he could have fixed it for 40 1 day return , but i had already broke it up, it does load up bios through esc key"

What could be wrong with that one?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 9
2,817 2,815 115 662
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unless you have good EE skills, I recommends you not to buy the broken motherboard. Its complicated, especially buying from ebay.

Actually, your current broken motherboard can be fixed if you know what to do.

Try looking for component level repair shop and ask them to fix it.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation