Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP envy 14 beats
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a big problem, if some body can help me please, my device SN is : [Personal Information Removed]

I have been using my Notebook for 6 years, then it started to show black screen and restart and then gives boot failure message, 

I tried factory restore, but still the recovery partition was corrupted.

Then I installed win 10, 

It worked well for one day, but problem is there is no win 10 drivers on hp website, problem also mainly with display drivers which caused device to give black screen and restart.

Now I am running device without full Display driver installation.

so device is unstable with win drivers, restarting, hanging up,

Any solution where I can get win 10 drivers for my notebook, 

Also, I tried restoring win7 by downloading from microsoft website, but they said the serial number was preinstalled, and I need to contact the manufacturer.

Any Ideas for what shall I do?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

We currently do note have Windows 10 drivers for your Notebook

Your laptop works normal with Windows 7 operating system without any issues

However if you want to upgrade to Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10, HP doesnt have drivers for the same

If you still continue with the upgrade, some features might not work and the laptop might have performance issues

If you have Windows 7 operating system CD's with you, you can resotre your laptop easily by doing clean install

Incase if you dont have the CD's, I strongly suggest you need to contact HP technical support over the phone and purchase the OEM verions operating system disks(Windows 7) from HP in order to restore your laptop

Let me know how it goes

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi,

For graphics try installing this driver directly from AMD:

http://support.amd.com/it-it/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

Go to device manager (right click on start and click on device manager) and see if there are any other drivers missing or unknown devices. There should be a little yello triangle near the device and post here.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Thank you, I  made a clean win7 install , but when tried graphic card driver installation from hp website,

the device did not start windows and kept giving me error screen and restart till i restored windows from safe mode, 

then i tried searching for display drivers my self, but still the AMD has a triangle and says that it has stopped working, and for intel HD whenever i try installing drivers from  intel website, i get the same thing, windows do not start, error message, then restart, till i restore windows from safe mode to point before installation. 

HP Recommended

Another Question please, should I install Bios update available from hp website, i think i made this 3 years ago or so, how can I know that Bios version is not the problem with AMD installation 

HP Recommended

Please install the BIOS update if it is available in HP website. If you do not install the BIOS update nothing would harm your laptop. Basically  laptop performance will be good if we do the BIOS update. Thanks.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

If you are happy with the help you received share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by accepting this solution. I appreciate your feedback. It's what keeps our community such a helpful, vibrant place for our members.

All the Best !!   Thanks for being a member!

Thank You,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I am thankful for your replies, really fast.

But I am still having same problem,

I uninstalled AMD card, installed Intel driver from their website, now display looks better, but whenever i try any AMD driver, windows does not start after reboot, and I have to restore it from safe mode.

I tried many drivers that last time windows boot failur message was there after restore, luckily was fixed , any idea about cause of problem with AMD. 

Now in device manager I am having only inetl card like in pic below...  any solutions for correct driver?

Untitled.png

HP Recommended

@Amin2000

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

I have followed all the pathway that was suggested, finally I had a phone call from hp assistant, and she had no resolution for my case , she said the model is old so have low information about it now, I asked if i can buy CD with drivers from hp, she said (you need to go to Saudi Arabia Hp support because this where you purchased it, and i think probably they will have no stocks for it because it is very old)... So now, I am posting if any member can help me?

- How to confrim that my AMD graphics card does not have a hardware problem?

- Can any body help me to find IntelR HD graphics 3000 and  AMD radeon 6600m and 6700m series drivers for win 7 x64 2011 release (hp drivers do not work) 

I am asking for Moderator permission to post my Intel & AMD card hardware IDs so that any body can help me with the drivers?

Finally, I made before a 3 DVDs for recovery, but they do not boot now, when I opened them in windows, i clicked the file, and the windows said "do you want to restore these files?" ... I was afraid to do so because I do not know that process ... Any idea how to make these data bootable or how to restore using these CDs?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.