Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (516 Views)

Win8 locking up freezing on resume from sleep.

Okay I have two problems here, and they related so I am posting them both here. And none of these exist in Win7.

When my laptop goes to sleep or hibernation, it won't wake up successfully.  I get a blue screen error, "Critical process died" and then a reboot.

The other problem is when using Win8's new fast boot, my computer will start up for about five seconds, blue screen error saying "kernel data inpage error".  Then reboot and starts fine.  After boot, Win says it couldn't read my hard drive in error.  Ran a chdsk and no problems.  I have tried diagnostic startup and still same error.  My laptop is a HP-1c61ca, video card model AMD Radeon HD 6520G 9.2.0.0 (9/27/2012)

I have tried replacing the hard drive and still the problem is there.

I have not made any hardware or software changes to my laptop.

This problem exists as soon as Windows 8 is installed, so I believe it is a core Win8 problem and cannot be third party related. 

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 3 (499 Views)

Re: Win8 locking up freezing on resume from sleep.

[ Edited ]

Hello Keithsis14,

How did you upgrade from Windows 7 to 8?  Take a look at this document - perhaps there is something there that will help.  There are certain things that must be done, depending upon how you upgrade.

Please let me know after you review, if this helps or is relevant to your situation.  I'm beginning here first, since you state it did not do this while you ran Windows 7.

Thank you and good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (496 Views)

Re: Win8 locking up freezing on resume from sleep.

I upgraded both ways, upgrade once and twice through clean install. The BIOS is the latest version.  I don't know if this makes a difference but my computer doesn't support UEFI.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation