Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Compaq Inspirion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop was working on Windows 10. One fine day it stoped working. Did restore with keeping files and havent been able to restart still.

It asks for a password "

I go to advanced setting in System Tools at start up and select safe mode (Option 4) but when it tries to start it asks for a "Start up Password" - Message "The computer is configured to require a password in order to start up.Please enter the start up password below "

When I enter the last password that I was using to login to windows before it got corrupted .. that password is not working.

Dont know which password would it be .. I cant remember if i did or did not set up a start up password about 4 years back when the laptop was purchased.

Can you please me in getting the data recovered from this machine somehow ?

Regards,

Bassam

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

> Can you please me in getting the data recovered from this machine ?

If all else fails, you can remove the disk-drive, and connect it as a "slave" disk-drive on some other computer, and access all your personal files.

HP Recommended

> Don't know which password would it be .. I can't remember if i did ...

If you did not set a password, does pressing ENTER work?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.