cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
somethingnewcom
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Windows 10 Instalation on a new laptop

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought a Probook 450 G4 with 1 TB hard drive + 128 GB SSD drive. My point is to instal the OS on the SSD.

So I start the instalation and the sysyem show me - Pic 1. I choose the marked one

After the instalation complete I see my devices shoun on Pic 2. Is it properly or I miss something. Should i make a new installation 

Pic1

pic.jpg

Pic 2

res.jpg

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,630 44,407 7,157 12,696
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The pictures, particularly the second one, are a bit fuzzy but it looks like you have a C:\ drive which is the SSD with 114 gigs total, then a larger storage drive and an HPDocs partition which would be correct.  

0 Kudos
somethingnewcom
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I add a new picture hope is better now. Is it correct to have all this partitions? Should I do a new instalation or hide some of the partitions?

1-3.jpg

0 Kudos
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,630 44,407 7,157 12,696
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Perfect. You have the C: drive which is the OS, you have D which is a system partition, you have the storage drive as E: and then you have the UEFI diagnostic partition F:

Don't mess with it or hide any of these partitions or the system will not boot. 

0 Kudos
somethingnewcom
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you I really appreciate your help

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation