cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
oldirongut
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Windows 10 Nightmare

HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-af131dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New HP laptop. Windows 10 causing major headaches.....After Windblows 10 update.......1. Lost my anti virus, gone from programs......... 2. Lost my "brightness control" gone....., Ruined 1st HP laptop (same model) after getting stuck on an endless loop Update. Returned for a another one since it was new. WINDOWS 10........Disaster ad nauseum (Note...After explaining to Geek Squad the endless loop. they asked no questions .....just threw it in a bin.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
whiggs
Level 2
17 13 0 6
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The issues you are describing tend to occur when you update to windows 10 from the previous os you were using.  To eliminate this issue, I would recommend a clean install of the os using the Windows 10 installation iso which can be downloaded here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench?tduid=%20e22da8daf77597ddb2de34a4fd3fe1b...

Then, perform a boot time installation, wipe the disk of your previous os, then install windows 10 fresh

0 Kudos
ReloadConsign
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@whiggs wrote:

The issues you are describing tend to occur when you update to windows 10 from the previous os you were using.  To eliminate this issue, I would recommend a clean install of the os using the Windows 10 installation iso which can be downloaded here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench?tduid=%20e22da8daf77597ddb2de34a4fd3fe1b...

Then, perform a boot time installation, wipe the disk of your previous os, then install windows 10 fresh

whiggs, the link you provided is gone and I have the same computer that I upgraded to windows 10, then after it updated a few days ago it started freezing 30 seonds to 2 minutes after booting up.  It wouldn't let me do a system restore.  It wouldn't do Windows 10 reset because it just kept failing and no longer allowed me to get to my desk top so I created a usb recovery from another HP I have with upgraded windows 10 and used it and it gave me "restoration incomplete" and I am finding now way out of it.  I would be happy to restore it the original operating system and then install windows 10 through upgrade again.  The link you shared is no longer working.  Any help would be greatly appreaciated.  

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation