cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JeffSparks81
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Windows 10 Touchpad Buttons

HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought a HP Probook 450 G2, with Windows 7 preinstalled as the operating system.  After updating to Windows 10 (63 bit) I've found that neither of the buttons on the touchpad are operational.  I can still tap on the touchpad for a single or double mouse click, but this leaves me with no ability to use the right mouse button.

I've checked the drivers and found that they are updated to 19.0.12.0 .  I have also tried resetting the settings in the mouse properties, but have had no luck correcting the problem.

I can use a mouse with the computer, which works fine, but cannot use the touchpad for the quick stuff that I don't have time to pull out the mouse.

Can anyone give me any suggestions or point me in the correct direction to fix it.

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
go2
Level 8
1,105 1,103 87 203
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

jeffspark81

after windows 10 Upgrade you must upgrade the Chipset and Bios and other drivers

after chipset and bios update install please

System Default Settings for Windows 10

have you then still  problems uinstall the Touchpad driver

Open the device manger go to Touchpad uninstall the driver with option delete

Install the new driver

you should have, more tochpad driver installed uninstall the first

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
go2
Level 8
1,105 1,103 87 203
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

jeffspark81

after windows 10 Upgrade you must upgrade the Chipset and Bios and other drivers

after chipset and bios update install please

System Default Settings for Windows 10

have you then still  problems uinstall the Touchpad driver

Open the device manger go to Touchpad uninstall the driver with option delete

Install the new driver

you should have, more tochpad driver installed uninstall the first

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation