cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 Upgrade: Fingerprint Sign-in

HDX 16t 1200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

First, let me say that the Windows 10 upgrade (I did a clean install) seems to be working great on my HDX 16.

I do have a problem with signing in with my fingerprint scanner.

Based on other posts I (re-) installed DigitalPersona Personal version 4.01.3749 and the Validity Sensor driver version 1.3.1.183.

After the installs my finger-reader showed up in device manager as a Biometric devices. It was not there before. The DigitalPersona read my fingerprints and registered my right and left index fingers. Just now I signed into the software with my index finger. However on sign-in, it says fingerprints not registered. I have re-scanned my fingers 4 or 5 times. It seems there is no connection between the fingerprint software and the Win10 sign-in.

Please let me know if anyone has a fix. Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 332
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Godbero,

Thank you for posting at HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that you cannot use the finger scan to login to your system.

Is it Windows 10 Home or professional installed on your laptop? If it is professional, you may consider the method on this link: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-Simple-Pass-on-Windows-10-Sol...

Let me know if it helps.

This is a great question other customers may also be wondering about; please click the Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others. You can say thanks easily by clicking the Thumbs Up below!     :robotvery-happy:

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am sorry, but this fix doesn't work for me.

I thought we were on to something because step 1 had me enable fingerprint reader and sign-in a  registry and it was not enabled on my laptop.

However, step 2, update the driver, did not change my driver (it is still 1.3.1.183). It responds that it is the best available for my PC. I tried both the update button and uninstalling.

So, I am still unable to sign-in with my fingerprint ready. The option to sign-in with my fingerprint doesn't show up under settings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 332
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Godbero,

Can you setup Windows Hello?

Learn about Windows Hello and set it up

Do you login with Microsoft account or local account?

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think you hit the nail on the head. Windows Hello does not show up as an option on my computer.

It is odd. When I started Windows did not see my fingerprint reader. Once I got the driver installed, then it showed in Device Manager. When I got DigitalPersona installed I could register my fingers and test signing into it. That works now and DigitalPersona pops up now and lets me sign-in to web accounts with my fingerprint.

However, Windows 10 does not seem to connect the dots. It will not let me sign into Windows, the option to sign in with fingerprint shows up but it never recognizes me.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. 

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation