cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

Windows 10 activation

HP Recommended
Hp notebookn210se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello
I bought hp n210se 1.5 years ago with default windows 8.1 than i upgraderd to win 10 from option that was coming to my taskbar win 10 was working ok but virus disturbed me alot yesterday i decided to reset my laptop and it was stuck on 53 % and says it cannot be reset and give option to countinue with win 10 but when i click to it it stops at hp logo and countinue doing so at last i have to check in to bios and change boot options i have dvd of win 7 so due to my emergency as i am student i have installed win 7 to hope that i will get win 10 back i broke my partition and installed win 7 now when i re instal win 10 it asking me about activation key when i contacted microsoft they said me to contact hp and they can retrieve me back my activation key
Sorry for long story can anyone help
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have a emailed chat with microsoft if anyone want that
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
975 963 31 106
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

The system board is the registered key, so if you have had an install of windows 10 previously, then it will automatically register the the new install, so skip the screen  where you are asked for a key and go thru to the end.

You can find and record it (your key when activation is completed) if you want using Magical Jelly Bean.

If in doubt please ask.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi dear
I skipped but it still keep coming
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
What is magical jelly bean and how to use it
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
25,473 25,406 2,331 5,520
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Last time I checked, Magical JellyBean only retrieved info from the registry, and in the case of OEM product keys, which are embedded in the UEFI firmware of the motherboard, this does no good.

Try downloading and using this utility instead:  Download Windows OEM Product Key Tool - MajorGeeks

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
975 963 31 106
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

While doing my best to disguise my details, Line 1 is Majorgeeks and the rest is MJB

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Windows 10 Home
Product Part No.:
Installed from 'OEM' media.
Product ID: 00000-00000-00000-XXOEM  match to CD Key data
CD Key: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Computer Name:
Registered Owner:
Registered Organization: Hewlett-Packard

So the end result is the same with MJB adding some padding.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Ok guys i have updatted info on that i have contacted microsoft and from remote assistance they r able to find mu key but alas i have to downgrade to widows 8.1 oem single language installer so they said that contact hp for that can somebody help me in that
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
975 963 31 106
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Hello
I bought hp n210se 1.5 years ago with default windows 8.1 than i upgraderd to win 10 from option that was coming to my taskbar win 10 was working ok
 now when i re instal win 10 it asking me about activation key when i contacted microsoft they said me to contact hp and they can retrieve me back my activation key

i have contacted microsoft and from remote assistance they r able to find mu key
i have to downgrade to widows 8.1 oem single language installer
Your OP stated you had W 8.1 installed on a hp n210se, which was later upgraded to W 10.
The system board would have been registered with W 8.1 and then that would be transferred to W 10 after the upgrade.
So any subsequent install of the OS will automatically get registered and a key activated, even if it takes a few days.

How To Activate Windows 8

Windows Product Activation (WPA) sends an installation ID number to Microsoft before Windows is verified and then activated.

One is an Installation ID, generated by entering a Windows 8 product key, that the computer owner submits to Microsoft, either over the Internet or by phone.

The second is a Confirmation ID, assigned by Microsoft, which is used to activate the operating system’s software.

Activate Windows 8 Using Internet

The easiest way to activate your Windows 8 is to activate it over the Internet. To start the Product Activation Wizard, follow these steps:

1. At the Start screen, swipe in from the right side, or hover your mouse in the upper-right corner of the screen to display the charms menu.

2. Tap or click the Settings charm.

3. Tap or click Change PC Settings.

4. Select Activate Windows (If your Windows is activated successfully, you will not see Activate Windows in the PC Settings)

5. Tap or Click Activate.

6. Enter Product Key.

The product key should be printed on the box that the Windows 8 DVD came in or included in an email you received after buying Windows.

7. Windows will now automatically detects whether the product key is valid. If your product key works, click Activate .

8. If Windows Activation is successful, click Close.

And that’s it!

====================

You upgraded to Windows 10 for free from Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or Windows 8.1 Update

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

1. Go to Start Start button icon, then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
  2. If your activation state says Connect to the Internet to activate Windows, it might mean you're not connected to the Internet or the activation servers are busy.

If you're connected to the Internet, Windows 10 will be automatically activated. You can also select Activate to try and manually activate Windows. If the activation servers are busy, you might need to wait a while and then try again later.

3. If your activation state says Windows is not activated, select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license for Windows is available for your device.

If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store or go back to your previous version of Windows, make sure the previous version is activated, and then upgrade to Windows 10.

Note
  • If you continue experiencing problems activating Windows 10 after upgrading from an activated copy of Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update, contact customer support.

• For more info about how to go back to a previous version of Windows, see the section in Recovery options in Windows 10.

You created media and performed a clean installation of Windows 10, instead of first upgrading from your previous version of Windows

In order to upgrade to Windows 10 using the ISO image or upgrade media you created using the media creation tool, you need to select the Upgrade this PC now option.

If you performed a clean installation instead of an upgrade, you'll be asked to enter a Windows 10 product key or buy a new license in order to activate Windows 10. This is because we weren't able to register your free upgrade entitlement with the activation servers because you didn't upgrade to Windows 10. To fix this, you'll need to go back to your previous version of Windows, make sure the previous version is activated, and then upgrade to Windows 10.

=============

I realise you are having problems with Microsoft, from not being able to retrieve your key and to contact HP, to them finding your key and still telling you to contact HP.

I do not know whether you have a Recovery Partition, Recovery Media or Original disks to do the install with, and therefore cannot advise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Dough appreciate ur assustance thanks
Microsoft told me that I had this- Windows 8.1 RTM CoreSingleLanguage Installer and now i have to get this window first from hp and than upgrade to 10 i have key of this window but only hp can give me or roll back my window
As far as recovery media is concern aaahhh its just got deleted
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation