Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jpnyc Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 and Drivers/BIOS for HP Pavilion DV6 7112HE Entertainment Notebook

HP Pavilion DV6 7112HE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently updated to Windows 10. I wanted to know if HP is working with Intel on releasing new drivers? Also, how about a Windows 10 BIOS update for my laptop?

I do not have the option to revert back to my previous OS, it would be nice if anyone can shed light on this issue.

9 REPLIES
UE Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updated HP Pavilio DV6 yesterday to Windows 10 and Wireless stopped working. F12 button stuck to orange and cannot turn on Wireless. My laptop has Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 adapter and there is no new Windows 10 driver software available. Still searching for the solution...

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
11219 436 813
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jpnyc wrote:

Hello,

I recently updated to Windows 10. I wanted to know if HP is working with Intel on releasing new drivers? Also, how about a Windows 10 BIOS update for my laptop?

I do not have the option to revert back to my previous OS, it would be nice if anyone can shed light on this issue.

In this case iNtel will release the driver themselves since the last driver update on HP driver site. That is where you will find a updated driver from the hardware manfacture site not from HP at this point in time.

@UE wrote:

Updated HP Pavilio DV6 yesterday to Windows 10 and Wireless stopped working. F12 button stuck to orange and cannot turn on Wireless. My laptop has Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 adapter and there is no new Windows 10 driver software available. Still searching for the solution...

This is part of the problem with upgrading to Windows 10 some of your hardware will be compatible and some of it will not be. What you need to do is install the last Windows drivers again into Windows 10 and if it works you will know.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
jpnyc Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@PeerOne wrote:

@jpnyc wrote:

Hello,

In this case iNtel will release the driver themselves since the last driver update on HP driver site. That is where you will find a updated driver from the hardware manfacture site not from HP at this point in time.

@UE wrote:

This is part of the problem with upgrading to Windows 10 some of your hardware will be compatible and some of it will not be. What you need to do is install the last Windows drivers again into Windows 10 and if it works you will know.

I am aware that drivers for Intel are released through Intel, and pushed through Windows Update. However, the issue at hand is also the BIOS which has nothing to do with Intel, hence the topic title.

Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
11219 436 813
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jpnyc wrote:

I am aware that drivers for Intel are released through Intel, and pushed through Windows Update. However, the issue at hand is also the BIOS which has nothing to do with Intel, hence the topic title.

Thanks for your response.

The problems come into play here if the BIOS update was written for a previous O/S and not supported running in Windows 10 there is nothing you can do until you revert back to the support O/S that the BIOS will update with.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
UE Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Supports says the chances are high that drivers will not be released for Windows 10 for Pavilion dv6 and suggests reverting back to Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
11219 436 813
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@UE wrote:

HP Supports says the chances are high that drivers will not be released for Windows 10 for Pavilion dv6 and suggests reverting back to Windows 7.

Then that is the answer not what one might be wanting to hear but I figure there would be limits from HP to what they can do.

Learn more
0 Kudos
jpnyc Top Student
Top Student
3 0 1
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well it would seem as though something is going on, check the link below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv6-7100-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-serie...

Does this mean HP is working on updated drivers, etc? I hope so because as far as specs is considered, this computer is excellent for Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
188 1 23
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP has huge numbers of DV6 and DV7 laptops out there that came with WIn 7, and that HP has now made clear will get absolutely no Win 10 support, IMHO.  Sad thing; there wasn't much Win 7 support either.  In particular, hybrid video drivers for my DV7 were last updated before the laptop was released, and those drivers were very buggy.  Now, on Win 10, many drivers are updated via Windows, but the Intel 1030 Wifi Bluetooth card (albeit a piece of junk but still there because of the HP whitelist) has not gotten Win 10 drivers from anywhere.

0 Kudos
jh5637 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know this post is old but just wanted to let you know that I have the exact same laptop and just recently updated to WIN10 and everything seems to be working fine. Upgrade was painless and I have not experienced any issues since my upgrade. Don't know if you still have the laptop or just replaced it.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation