Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6510b (RJ559AV)
Microsoft Windows XP

Hi I have HP Compaq 6510b(RJ559AV) Laptop with Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, T7100 @1.8GHz,

14inch Screen, 2.49GB RAM and 74.5GB Hard Disk with NTFS File System,

DVD Read Only and CD Read / Write Drive,

Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family Display Adapter but no WDDM Drivers for it.

which is currently running Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3

I want to know will Windows 10 clean fresh install by booting via Windows 10 Setup  will work?

Will Windows 10 automatically install WDDM Drivers for the Display Adapter...

Any other issues you know of....

Regards,

Chikubhai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to be of assistance.

The T7100 can run a 64 bit operating system.  See the instruction set spec below.

http://ark.intel.com/products/29759/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-T7100-2M-Cache-1_80-GHz-800-MHz-FSB

You should get decent performance out of a 64 bit operating system if you have at least 4 GB of memory installed.

I have 8 GB in my 6910p because I got it when it was only about $60 for 2 x 4 GB of PC2-6400 memory.

Nowadays that memory is about $100 for a 4 GB chip, so it is too expensive to install.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have the HP 6910p notebook which has the same chipset and the T7300 processor.

W10 worked just fine.  I had to use some of the W7 drivers to get things to work like the card reader but windows update will install the Intel graphics driver or you can use the one from your notebooks support page or from Intel directly.

I upgraded mine from W7 to W10, but I don't see why a clean install wouldn't work as long as you have the W10 product key to enter.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply I will go ahead buying Windows10 and installing it on Compaq 6510b. But have a confusion regarding the bootable USB or DVD and whether 64-bit work on it.

I have BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 68DDU Ver. F.15, 15/01/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13 GenuineIntel ~1795 Mhz
System Type X86-based PC

In the System Configuration Option there is a sub-option called Boot Options

And in this Boot Options the following list is present:

F9, F10 and F12 Delay(Sec)          [0]
USB Device Detection Delay(Sec) [0]
CD-ROM Boot                                     Enable
Floppy Boot                                        Enable
Internal Network Adapter Boot    Enable
   Boot Mode                                       PXE

Multi Boot:
Express Boot Popup Delay(Sec) [0]

Boot Order:
Optical Disk Drive           First
USB CD-ROM                    Second
USB Floppy                       Third
USB Super Disk                Fourth
Notebook Hard Drive     Fifth
USB Hard Disk                  Sixth
Network Controller        Seventh

I want to know whether the Windows 10 USB Bootable will get detected and will the laptop boot from it to start the clean fresh install of Windows 10?

If not then will the Windows 10 DVD Bootable get detected and will the laptop boot from it to start the clean fresh install of Windows 10?

Also Can a 64-bit Version of Windows 10 be installed on Compaq 6510b?

Regards,

Chikubhai

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

What processor is installed?

I think all of the processors in that model can run a 64 bit operating system.

Look in the control panel>system and security>system.

It will tell you what processor model your notebook has.  It should be a Pentium Txxxx.

My 6910p has an Intel Pentium T7500 2.2 GHz processor and I am running W10 Po x64 on it.

I just clean installed W10 x64 on mine today because I decided to put a SSD in place of the standard hard drive.

I don't know if you can install from a flash drive or not.

I made the 64 bit DVD from the Microsoft Windows download site and booted from that.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

HP Recommended

Thanks again!

The processor is Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T7100 @ 1.8GHz, 2.49GB Ram

The label on laptop says Intel Centrino Duo And in the System Information it says the following for the processor

System Type               X86-based PC

Processor                     x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13 GenuineIntel ~1795 Mhz

and it is running OS Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

Will I be able to install 64bit windows10 and get satisfactory running speed on my laptop?

Regards,

Chirag

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to be of assistance.

The T7100 can run a 64 bit operating system.  See the instruction set spec below.

http://ark.intel.com/products/29759/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-T7100-2M-Cache-1_80-GHz-800-MHz-FSB

You should get decent performance out of a 64 bit operating system if you have at least 4 GB of memory installed.

I have 8 GB in my 6910p because I got it when it was only about $60 for 2 x 4 GB of PC2-6400 memory.

Nowadays that memory is about $100 for a 4 GB chip, so it is too expensive to install.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I have installed 32 bit Microsoft Windows 10 on HP Compaq 6510b and it working satisfactorily.

As i have only 2.5GB of RAM so i decided to install the 32 bit version instead of the 64 bit version.

Thanks for your guidance it was helpfull.

Regards,

Chirag

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I do also have a 6510b but unfortunatly does not behave well when trying to install win10 from usb. This usb loads up in other 2 pc but in the 6510b does not go by the win logo. Does not loads up to the instalation prompt for the languahe and keyboard.

Any idea?

Thanks

Ric

HP Recommended

In Boot Options: under boot order: Have you tried the boot up sequence for USB Hard disk to be before the Notebook hard drive? and the boot mode to be PXE based on the BIOS version you have....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.