Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy m6 laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows 10 is current OS.  Recent (multiple) Windows updates have resulted in extremely long wait times for upgrade completion and when the update is complete, an error message is displayed (during start-up) that an overheat has occurred.  Diagnostics do not indicate an overheat condition ever exists and the message only occurs after recent upgrades to Windows 10.  Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @xusafip, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that your laptop is getting overheating error message and shuts down after upgrading to windows 10.

Don't worry I'd like to help.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Try running system diagnostics on your PC and let me know the results.

Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.
On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
Click Quick Test.
Click Run once.
While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen.
 NOTE:
When the test is launched, it might show a longer estimated completion time. The estimate adjusts when the completion time is recalculated.
If a component fails a test, write down the information so you have it available when you contact HP Customer Support.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot overheating issues.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.