Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 7 0 3
Message 131 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Danny-r....if you work for HP and are moderating the forum and therefore, presumably, aware of the extensive problems this issue is causing many users, can you obtain and post some sort of official response from HP as to what they are doing to resolve this? At the moment HP's attitude seems to be 'tough guys - just suck it up !' Thanks. At the moment HP's credibility as a reliable PC manufacturer is pretty low. Hope you can assist.

Highlighted
Level 2
26 22 0 2
Message 132 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

there was a similar problem after the win8==>Win8.1 update

the problem was resuming from sleep resulting in a crash and reboot

the problem affecting ALL notebook with intelHD integrated + AMD  Radeon discrete graphics

no matter the manufacturer

In 2014 it took 9 months for Intel to release a driver fixing this issue.

I just updated my EliteBook 840 G1 to Win10 to discover the issue is back

Checked the memory dump: VERY SAME ERROR MESSAGE affecting a component of the intel video driver

This time I want HP to push Intel to release a fix in a reasonalby time manner

Either my next laptop more expensive than 1.000$ will be a MAC

REMEMBER HP, Intel doesn't give a **bleep** about it as far as Apple laptop are featurin their cpu too....so the only one who is going to miss a customer will be HP and MS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
5 5 0 1
Message 133 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was installing the recommended Intel MEI v9.5 driver from the HP site to fix my windows 10 'wake up' problem.

I got an error message - THE SETUP PROGRAM FAILED TO START ONE OR MORE APPLICAION PROCESSES. Setup will exit.

I have an HP pavilion 15  Energy Star notebook.

Helpful suggestions welcomed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 6 0 1
Message 134 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, was working in different forums at the same time forgot to switch languages.

Still strange that HP does not act more pro-actively on this issue...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 135 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Until there's a permanent fix, what I''ve been doing was to restart my laptop (HP 15-F019dx) and once it gets to the part where you enter your password, I close the lid. Wakes up from sleep every time.

When I do shutdown instead of closing the lid, also works normally.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 136 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried the clean installation way and it's seemed to have cured a few bugs (e.g. cursor always had spinning wheel indicating background activity) but it didn't sort out the machine not waking from sleep.

I found the following workaround on the net:

1. Right click on start

2. Select Command Prompt (Admin)

3. Type powercfh /h off ans hit return

4. Restart

It seems to be working so far when i select sleep from the power options or shut the lid of the laptop.  Don't forget you might lose some work if the battery goes flat unless the application you are using has auto save.

To reverse the command and put hibernate back on, just change off to on in instruction 3 above.

Highlighted
3 3 0 1
Message 137 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Dave,

Cannot find the powercfh /h off command in my laptop.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
10 10 0 3
Message 138 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I haven't visited this forum for a while because I had pretty much given up having this problem fixed. I want to share what I have done over the past few weeks because right now my laptop is running free of any issues including this sleep issue. It's pretty extreme and I don't know if anyone has tried this, but it worked for me.

I had pretty much wiped my hard drive and did a clean install of windows 10 and was still having this issue amung others. I have blast internet, but for some reason I couldn't get more than 25 mbps.

I ordered restore discs for HP and last week I cleaned the drive again and restored with my restore media. After it was done with the install and updates, it gave me the option to upgrade to windows 10 before it even booted into windows 8.1. I thought what the heck, lets try it again. I thought upgrading over a clean install of windows 8.1 might just work.

In the last week or so I have not had any issues. I have ONLY taken windows updates. No updates from HP or Intel. No sleep or power issues, and the wifi speeds are excellent.

Like I said, I don't know if anyone has tried this, and it is pretty extreme and a pain, but it has worked for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
4 4 0 2
Message 139 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JJFan

The correct command is powercfg /h off

It seems working in mine, thanks to @PickeringDave

EDIT: Still not working, it's only works twice and  this definetely not permanent solution. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 140 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What about doing a factory restore to Windows 7 and then doing an immediate upgrade to Windows 10?  Has anyone tried that with success (i.e. not having wake form sleep issues)?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation