cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Eknir Top Student
Top Student
6 6 0 1
Message 161 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows 10 updated now HP Pavilion won't wake up from sleep

mcguirerj of replies 155m157mand 160, you obviously do not have the problem yourself otherwise you would not ask all these non-relevant questions. I have the same problem and it is not consistent  (or it is intermittently occuring). 

none of the simpel solutions works! it is most certainly a driver issue and no one will really solve it for all systems in one go apperently.

HP has had way too many different video drivers and the video card producers do not experience these problems at other laptops than HP, tough luck.

best solution from earlier responses seems to be to do a reset to fatory defeaults but this requires extensive backing up (although most of your data may actually survive, there is nu warranty for that).

my finding is that closing the lid or letting the laptop stand for hours will make it fall in unwanted "coma", but invoking sleep via the windows menu will invariably lead to a sleep that can be woken up normally.

oh tes and one more tyhing still missing the windows store after upgrading to win10...

0 Kudos
mcguirerj Top Student
Top Student
7 6 0 1
Message 162 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Re:Eknir

Actually if you read back a little farther you will see my first post that says I do have this issue. Hence the time I've invested here reading through the posts. No doubt people will join this discussion but invariably have different root causes. My last couple replies were aimed to discover and assist JoJo who seems to have a similar but different issue.

I thought this was a community forum where we all work together to identify issues, troubleshoot, isolate commonalities, and develop solutions or workarounds for everyone's benefit - not a "I just want to complain and let everyone know how ticked off I am" forum. My mistake.
0 Kudos
DavidBeare Tutor
Tutor
19 18 0 2
Message 163 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for that. It isn't a screen problem. The laptop just locks up - no hard disk activity at all and the Caps Lock does not light up when pressed. Sometimes it does sleep ok if initiated from the Power button on the start menu - if that happens ok. If it locks, it does so straight away and I can just do an immediate forced shut down. It is, incidently, accompanied by a Kernel 41 critical error recorded in the Event Log. The really strange thing is that it is temporarily fixed by removing and replacing the battery.

0 Kudos
alsaldh Top Student
Top Student
1 1 0 2
Message 164 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I Followed the steps in this video below and it surprisingly worked, had this problem for quite sometime now. Hope it solves your problem. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEkjmQr3S7M

Teacher
Teacher
75 68 3 18
Message 165 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

hey all.

just uninstall intel management ver 11 and install 9.

or install the Sp and this will be remove 11 and install ver 9.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66228.exe

that will be resolve the issue. 100%.

hpsa will update back to 11, disable hpsa update

have fun !

Yanir.

Tags (1)
tim100 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 166 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Just tried the IMEI roll-back. So far so good! Thanks!

0 Kudos
MaxWantsIt Tutor
Tutor
11 11 0 3
Message 167 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Tried this earlier today. Brilliant. It fixed the problem. Thank you so much.

Question: How do I stop HP / Windows Updater from taking me back to Version 11?

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
75 68 3 18
Message 168 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hey.

Just uninstall hp support assistant, or enter to hp support assistant and disable update.

Have fun!

Yanir.

MaxWantsIt Tutor
Tutor
11 11 0 3
Message 169 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Yanir,

Thx again for the fix and the update tip. I've changed HP Support Assist's update method to check but let me choose which ones to apply. I'm interested to see whether HP tries to break my laptop again by installing version 11!

Cheers,

Max

PS You should sell your solution. There are millions of people out there suffering this problem!

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
75 68 3 18
Message 170 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Done! For free 🙂

h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/Sleep-shutdown-and-hibernation-issues-after-upgrading-to/td-p/5213861

Yanir!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation