Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 7 0 3
Message 191 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Yanir....this simple fix of reverting the IMEI driver to 9.5.24.1790 has worked on my HP Pavilion laptop, so I am more than happy. It's a pity HP themselves have been of no assistance to users on this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
75 68 3 18
Message 192 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Seb64 For that I am here:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
1,105 1,103 86 199
Message 193 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

for all

after update

Please install the Framework

control Panel >

Turn Windows Feature on or off >open up .net framwork 3.5 (includes .net 2.0 and 3.0) and 4.6 

reboot

run Windows update.

reboot

For Intel Chipsets

Install first the Intel® Chipset Device Software  setupchipset.exe

reboot

For AMD chipset install the Windows 10 AMD Graphics driver

Run Windows update

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
75 68 3 18
Message 194 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Go2,

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do, But your solution is not at all related.

if you read, My solution is a solution for everyone.

Yanir.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 195 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the fix.  It looks promising! 

Does the machine need to be running Windows 10 to apply this roll back on the drivers or does this need to happen before Windows 10 is installed?  I tried Windows 10 and uninstalled and went back to windows 7 because of the sleep issue. 

However Windows 7 does not have the Intel Management  driver so the update does not work.

Henry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
75 68 3 18
Message 196 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended
sikkema.

Of course it is only intended to Windows 10 sleep issue.

windows 7 is not Relevant here:smileywink:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 197 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Yanir, your solution works 100% and i'm on day 4 where I can come home from work, lift the lid to my laptop and i starts up straight away...no more rebooting for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
75 68 3 18
Message 198 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sonicboom78

Im happy :Wink:

If issue is returns it from HPSA, disable all update from it.

Yanir!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
11 11 0 3
Message 199 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Jay17 wrote:

<<<Thank you for trying but no luck here.
After running the utility to Check for updates and recommendations there was no mention of a bios driver.>>>

Dude, please follow the procedure in Post #165 of this thread. Yanir's method has worked for many of us. It involves manually downloading an older version of a driver and manually installing it.

You should not be using "Check for Updates" to solve this problem because it is caused by one of the latest drivers. You must disable automatic updates, otherwise your system will re-install the latest driver and you'll have the problem back again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 4 0 2
Message 200 of 250
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am running a p6180t with an Intel Q8300 processor.  Unfortunately, HP did not release W10 drivers for machine due to age of machine

I did a clean install of W10 and do not see any Intel MEI drivers.   When I try to run the file from the ftp link it says my device does not meet requirements...

Any suggestions ?

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation