Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bobbybil Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 upgrade error 0x80004005

Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When trying to upgrade Windows 10 the the latest keep getting above error. Have done all the  micosoft support soluions from forums, plus aother web solutions but none work. Just wondered if any one here might be able to help.

Have updated all drivers and cleared out temps.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @bobbybil,

Welcome to the HP Forum! I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that when you try to upgrade to Windows 10 you are getting the 0x80004005 error. Have you tried running the Windows Update Troubleshooter? Here is a link from thewindowsclub.com that should also help. Error 0x80004005 when upgrading to Windows 10. If you are still having an issue, please contact Microsoft for assistance.

Microsoft Corporation /  Customer Support

1-800-642-7676. 

Microsoft Support Contact Us

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up” below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
bobbybil Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Sparkles1

Thanks. I am trying to upgrade an existing Win 10 to the Anniversary update. I have tried all the Microsoft online technet and support but haven't found a solution, I am one of several, now no one from microsoft is responding!! Am in Uk so perhaps ring Microsoft. Have looked at the regedit suggestion that file is non existent on my machine.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
15439 15384 1437 3417
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bobbybil

I have a desktop that has been running Win10 since the very first days of the Insider Program, meaning that I have updated it LOTS of times -- and always, without any problems.

But, like so many other systems, it also FAILED the Anniversary Update (AU).

Some tech forums are reporting that the failure rate with this update exceeds the reports of successes -- as this is, for all intents and purposes, installing a NEW version of Win10, not just a bunch of updates.

What worked for me, and many others as well, is the following:
1) Use this MS link to download and create Win10 install media: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10
2) Insert that media in your PC while Win10 is running -- do NOT boot from it!
3) Open the drive containing the media, right-click on setup.exe and run it

This will start the Update -- which can take 45 minutes or more.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation