Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Katja123 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 upgrade for Intel core i7 4510U, 64-bit Windows 8.1

HP ProBook 470 G2 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, I found this notice on HP support:

Computers configured with Intel Broadwell (Intel Core i3-5xxx, Core i5-5xxx, Core i7-5xxx; Pentium 38xx, Celeron 37xx/32xx) or Haswell (Intel Core i3-4xxx, i5-4xxx, i7-4xxx; Pentium 35xx, Celeron 29xx) processors and 32-bit versions of Windows 8.1 are not capable of upgrading to Windows 10 using the Windows Upgrade tool.

I think my computer has one of these processors. But I have 64 bit version Windows.  So is this true for computers that have processors mentioned AND 32-bit verions of Windows? In other words, is it OK to upgrade if you have 64-bit version of Windows and one of these processors? Because it also says:

To upgrade to Windows 10 64-bit you can either (a) perform a clean install to upgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1 64-bit and then use the Windows Upgrade tool to upgrade to Windows 10 64-bit.

Thank you for your answer. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation