cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TheFalcon
Level 1
11 0 0 1
Message 1 of 25
Flag Post

Windows 10 wifi ridiculously slow

HP Recommended
HP 15-r012na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On windows 8, my wifi speeds were perfectly fine. Since the upgrade to windows 10, my downloads speeds have been around 0.2 mbps. The wifi speed on my other devices is fine. 

24 REPLIES 24
Shovon_Khan
Level 4
102 97 5 12
Message 2 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You need to update your wifi driver.

Check in windows updates, or go to the vendors support page to get the latest version.

0 Kudos
vishnu21
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have the same issue. If i connect with other laptop which is on windows 7, its showing 45 MBPS, but my HP Laptop which is on windows 10 is showing about 0.2 MBPS and i couldnt see a vedio. It worked find until i upgade from 8.1 till a week ago.

I tried to update/install my network drivers Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter, using devicer manger->network->update network drivers using web,but its saying 'Device is already having the updated driver'. 

I couldnt find any updated version for these drivers either in HP or in web.

any one has this problem and suggest to fix this?

Regards,

vishnu

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
ThiagoNugnezi
2 2 0 1
Message 4 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem.
After trying many suggestions on the internet I found one that solved my problem. I took more than a week to solve but now I'm happy.
On my case the problem was the security wifi protocol. I was using AES and changed to TKIP. For me there is no reason to this to work, but solved my problem.
Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
vishnu21
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you please let me know where can i change that settings?

Regards,

Vishnu

0 Kudos
vishnu21
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just found the options, but its not giving me the option to change the setting.

Regards,

Vishnu

0 Kudos
ThiagoNugnezi
2 2 0 1
Message 7 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To change to you must change the settings at your router.

To enter at the router settings you must enter at the configuration page of the router (the usuall IP are: 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.100 - probably the adress is writen on the router) or you can search for it using the name of the router at google.

At the configuration page of the router find wi-fi settings and there you will be able to change from AES to TKIP.

Hope this help.

pross56
Level 1
5 5 0 1
Message 8 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ThiagoNugnezi wrote:

To change to you must change the settings at your router.

To enter at the router settings you must enter at the configuration page of the router (the usuall IP are: 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.100 - probably the adress is writen on the router) or you can search for it using the name of the router at google.

At the configuration page of the router find wi-fi settings and there you will be able to change from AES to TKIP.

Hope this help.

I have selected both TKIP/AES and that does not work - 

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
completelocks
Level 2
12 11 0 7
Message 9 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Isn't this pathetic. A new operating system that is advertised as the future, and the user has to change settings themselves. What about the people who are not quite as technically minded as others? 

Windows 10 is slow,  slow beyond beleif. I have a HP 11-n400na, advertised as all singing all dancing. With windows 8 on it was slower than my old windows 7 laptop of a much lower spec, and now with windows 10 on it is even worse!!

It needs a serious overhaul. Less of the crap people will just not use. There is so much running 'in the background' and on start up it is rediculous. This takes over 4 mins from off to being useable.

0 Kudos
tricel
Level 1
3 3 0 6
Message 10 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I battled with this for days.  Wifi was a snails pace while being plugged in blazed.  After checking all settings and updating drivers, it ended up being as simple as going to notification center on lower right of desktop (or WINDOWS Key + A) and unchecking the location button.  I was shocked that enabling locations for the Cortana feature was the root of the issue.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation