Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I just upgraded to windows 10 from windows eight and I'm facing shutdown problems because when I asked the PC to shut down; the screen goes off but the power light stays on and basically windows 10 does not shut down completely whenever I have to turn on my PC again, I have to force the power button down until it completely Shuts down and start it back up again.
I tried several troubleshooting tactics wants & browsed YouTube videos and but nothing seems work and I've seen people on this forum complain about same thing and am hoping HP fixes the problem.
263 REPLIES 263
HP Recommended

Same with me. Please Help. 

using HP pavilion 15.

My sleep, shut down don't fully sleep or shut down. (and then im forced to let it run out of battery or force shutdown)

HP Recommended

I'm Having the same problem too, I'm using HP Envy 15-k002ne

After upgrading to windows 10, shut down won't work properly. screen goes off but power button, and keyboard back lights still on. pressing the power button is useless. to get the computer out of this state i only should long-press power button to turn it off.

however, we shouldn't install new Windows from day 1 of its release, we have to wait at least two months to override such issues

HP Recommended

Well I tried several fixes from Youtube and the internet but nothing seems to work, the fixes only worked temporarily and I tried to clean up the registires and used CC cleaner, the issue was resolved only for a night.

Im back with the same problem and it sucks since my friend has the same laptop and she is not facing the issue.

I am waiting for windows 10.1, only thing recomended by experts is a clean install.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS6aBQ-mpTE

in the mean time try this, but its not a permanent fix.

HP needs to update drivers.

HP Recommended

I just 'upgraded' on August 2nd and having the same issue. Was on 8.1 with no problem. Once it did shut down from the login screen per chance. and once today it came out of sleep mode per chance ..after changing a setting using regedit but too long and detailed to explain. Thought that did the trick but it didn't at all. This is very irritating and tempted to return back to 8.1 at this rate. I gain noting with windows 10 at all since there is nothing about it in the new version I will ever use anyway.

HP Recommended

Me too, HP Envy 360.  Won't really shut down, really hard to turn back on.

HP Recommended

i decided to to revert back to windows 8.1, after reading articles on the internet. it is the biggest mistake to upgrade to new Windows version in its first three days of its release. you always have to wait 2 to 3 months before upgrading. at least you guarantee stability of your system with updates from microsoft and computer vendor e.g. HP.

HP Recommended
I didnt have problems on my laptop after upgrading until my windows update updated my intel hd 4400 to a previous version and now im not able to update it to the newer version as the installation says "the system doesnt meet the minimum requirements"
****Click the Thumb icon to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
HP Recommended

Hi to question....I notice that Windows updates seem to hide away in Windows 10.

I ran an update today and now my HP Pavilion 15 now powers off after choosing the shutdown option.

Hope this helps.

Now all I need is my Touchpad to keep the settings I have set after a reboot or if I have turned it off... any answers ??? LOL

HP Recommended
Hey can you let us know which windows update solved your shutdown issue by checking your windows update history?
****Click the Thumb icon to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.