Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

none of the above solutions in this blog works effectivly . the only solution for this problem is bios update . i had contacted microsoft about this problem they said there are no defects in win 10  O.S  , the real culprit is bios . we have to update proper bios update from HP which they are not released after win 10 release . this only solves problem.

HP Recommended
IME 9.5 SOLVED MY ISSUE AND A NUMBER OF OTHERS TOO.
****Click the Thumb icon to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
HP Recommended
If installed correctly IT WILL SOLVE the shutdown/sleep problem
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

i had followed above procedure i had upgraded ime 11.0.0.1147 to ime 11.0.0.57 but problem still remains same . i  performed clean boot  cleaned non windows startup programs . hope it will solve my problem . i will see 1 - 2 days what happens?

HP Recommended

I'm not sure what was the final problem fix, but I updated 6 things (LAN Driver, INTEL chip set, Wireless Button, etc.) using the HP Support Assistant and now my laptop is back to normal. 

HP Recommended
More than likely the chipset has adjusted and sorted the problem

Checkurtech
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
HP Recommended
@gangadhar12 you don't have to upgrade IME but downgrade it to IME 9.5.xx
HP Recommended
Yes downgrade to v9x. It will not hel it will solve the problem of not only HP but all Intel chipset laptops with display not compatible with DirectX v12.
HP Recommended

i am using hp pavilion 15-n096sa i tried to downgrage to ime9xxxx  it said my system is not compatable so there is no option but to upgrade to higher version of ime11.0.0.1157  and also did clean boot. it looks like problem is solved i have to wait 2 days to confirm its shutting normal as usual . i think bios update is the only solution that fixes this problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.