Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

The problem is intel, i downloaded from the following link and solved my problem

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/25096/Intel-ME-11-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel...

HP Recommended

The problem is intel.

I downloaded from the following link and solved my problem;

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/25096/Intel-ME-11-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel...

HP Recommended

Can anybody else verify above mentioned link from Intel for MEI driver to work properly for windows 10?

HP Recommended

Hi,

So far the suggestion mentioned above - downloading that intel file "ME_Win10_5.0M_11.0.0.1158.zip" worked for me after installing and shutting down the computer(i had to force it to shut down), the next time it started, it worked for me.

I tried sleep through the power button itself, and it worked, I tried shutdown from start menu and it also worked 🙂

I hope it stays that way!

HP Recommended
Hi
Well it seems that Titofox's download from INTEL yes INTEL has sorted a number of people's issues with the shutdown problems in Windows 10 ( thankfully ) . Now for all the people that were hammering HP for the problem and not INTEL yes INTEL ( separate company ) ( separate company ) will now come back to the post and realize that INTEL yes INTEL were slow to create a driver for its chipset .

CheckurTech
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
HP Recommended

sorry, it did not work .. :*(

HP Recommended

actual solution for this problem is delete present imei  and reinstall the imei which worked better in  your last o.s ,  I too rectified my problem in this manner  now my pc is working fine and booting fastly.   intel is responsible for this problem. there is no problem in windows 10 or HP laptop.  

HP Recommended

Thanks That seems to do the trick on my Envy x360! I enabled the Intel Virtualization Tehnology in the bios settings, and afterwards I could both shut down the computer and put it into sleep and have it wake up.

Thanks a lot for sharing, I was getting really tired of having to press the power button for 10 seconds every time the computer went to sleep!

HP Recommended

I had this issue too, but eventualluy solved it.

Synaptics hide this update for some stupid reason. Version 19.0.19.1 

Go to their website and search it. Or click onto this link and it'll take you there.

http://www.synaptics.com/en/drivers.php

Scroll down their page and install the latest driver Version: V1.3 on SMS port. DRIVER VERSION 19.0.19.1

Once installed, reboot and Voila....change your click pad setting as you wish, apply, OK and all will stay...

Hope this works for you...it did for me

HP Recommended

What i did is disable the fast boot option in the power setting and solve my problem. Window 8, 8.1 , 10 all have that.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.