cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
La_Monio
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Windows 10

HP Recommended
HP Envy dv-7 - 7230us Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Good Afternoon,

I am been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 since the update became available to my laptop but today it has been the 10th failed attempt to upgrade.

The update downloads and installs on my laptop but when it comes to what I call the final stage, where there is a percentage inside of a circle, the percentate can be from 3% to 10% and then my laptop shuts down completely.  I will sit here for 30 minutes thinking it will reboot (everytime) but it does not. 

I will then press the on button and my laptop starts up but I get a sentence of words stating that the system will go back to its previous windows software (8.1).  Afterwards I get the following words in a popup window:

"Windows 10 Setup

We couldn't install Windows 10

We've set your PC back to the way it was right before you started installing Windows 10.

0xC1900101 - 0x2000C

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during APPLY_IMAGE operation"

I sought advice thru the Microsoft Community but their advice has been to no avail.

I also read in the Microsoft Community several commentaries that the HP Envy is not compatible and/or the BIOS is not compatible.

I will truly appreciate your assistance to this matter.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
amyalbanese
6 3 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've had 4 remote sessions with Microsoft Techs over the past 3 days because of this same error. After 5 1/2 hours with "Marvin", (a level 2 tech) today, they said that they have learned that this is an "emerging issue" and scheduled a call back for two days from now to hopefully resolve it. At this time, they have no fix. They tried the ISO install and updated all drivers, which seems to have worked for some, but not me. So - waiting for Monday.

0 Kudos
La_Monio
Author
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to inform me about your similiar situation.

I will truly appreciate it very much if you could inform me if Microsoft does call you and provides a resolution.

Thank you again and have a great day.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation