cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Gazehound Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows 10

HP Envy 17 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Anyone any idea when i will be notifide about Win 10,i have all updates up to date,i thought i would have been notifide before now,i am not desperate to upgrade just curious has to why i have not been told about Win 10.Thank You.Gazehound

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Provost Provost
Provost
104,548 98,521 15,336 23,579
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows 10

Hi:

First check to see that W10 drivers are available on your notebook's support and driver page.

You don't have to wait to be notified to install W10.

You can now download it directly from Microsoft at the link below.  Select the 64 bit file and then do the immediate upgrade option.

Then go back to the website and make your W10 installation media (DVD or USB flash drive).

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

0 Kudos
Gazehound Top Student
Top Student
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows 10

Paul thank you,i now have the Win 10 Installation Media on a USB Stick,but i am going to give it another month before i do anything.thanks again.Gazehound

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
104,548 98,521 15,336 23,579
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows 10

You're very welcome.
0 Kudos
leehadden Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows 10

I installed Windows 10 on Oct 16 and regretted it almost immediately.  When I tried to go back to Windows 7 later that day [loved 7 !]  it wouldn't let me and gave this message:

"We’re sorry, but you can’t go back.

The files we need to take you back to a previous version of Windows were removed from this PC."

Then several friends mentioned not to install Windows 10 yet [unless you have Windows 8 which makes 10 an improvement apparently].  I should have gotten their advice first and heeded it.

If you're running Windows 7, I'd stick with that until the very last week of the free one-year upgrade time frame.  But since you've already got it on stick, see if it can be used to load on the computer after the one-year limit or whether it's installing it that has the time limit [not just saving it to disk or stick for use later].  Apparently 10 was released "incomplete" and not as fully capable as 7 already was.  Learned that lesson the hard way, and it's maddening to not be able to go back.

0 Kudos
Tilly11 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Windows 10

I have been having a problem in booting up my CQ56 Presario Notebook. The led by the power in plug remains on and is white. The led on the Caps lock button blinks on and of continually and the led on the f12 button is a constant orange. I suspect that the battery is or has come to the end of its life, but not sure. This problem has only occurred after I successfully installed Windows 10 ,but this could be a coincidence. I have successfully done a hard reset once and was able to use the computer without any problems. Today the hard reset does not work. Any suggestions please?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation